Summer is finally here, and that means it’s time to break out the barbecue, dust off your picnic blankets, and get ready for some serious outdoor fun. But while there are many tasty treats you can enjoy during the warmer months, few are as classic and delicious as corn on the cob. There’s just something about biting into a juicy, buttery ear of corn that screams “summer!” and makes everyone feel like a kid again.
But if you’re looking to take your corn on the cob game to the next level, you’re in luck. This recipe is designed to help you make the perfect corn on the cob every time. With a few simple ingredients and some helpful tips and tricks, you’ll be able to make a dish that will have your friends and family begging for more.
To make this delicious corn on the cob, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Fresh corn on the cob (as many as you’d like to make)
- Butter (unsalted is best, but salted will work too)
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: any other seasonings you’d like to add (such as garlic powder, chili powder, or paprika)
- Start by preparing your corn. If you’re using fresh corn on the cob, you’ll want to remove the husks and silk. You can do this by hand or with a pair of kitchen scissors. Be sure to remove all of the silk, as it can be tough and stringy.
- Once your corn is prepared, it’s time to cook it. You can do this in a variety of ways, depending on your preferences. Some people like to grill their corn on the cob, while others prefer to boil it. You can also cook it in the oven or even in the microwave. For the purposes of this recipe, we’ll focus on boiling.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add your corn on the cob. Be sure to use enough water to completely cover the corn. Boil the corn for 5-7 minutes, or until it’s tender.
- While your corn is cooking, it’s time to prepare the butter. Start by softening your butter (if it’s not already at room temperature). You can do this by leaving it out on the counter for a little while, or by microwaving it for a few seconds.
- Once your butter is soft, it’s time to add your seasonings. You can keep it simple with just salt and pepper, or you can add other seasonings to give it a little more kick. Mix your butter and seasonings together until they’re well combined.
- Once your corn is done cooking, it’s time to butter it up! Use a brush or a spoon to spread your butter mixture over the top of each ear of corn. Be sure to get it all the way around, so that every bite is full of flavor.
- And that’s it! Your corn on the cob is ready to serve. You can enjoy it on its own, or pair it with your favorite summer dishes. Either way, you’re sure to love this classic summer recipe.
Corn on the cob is one of those dishes that can transport you back to your childhood, to lazy summer afternoons spent with friends and family. And with this recipe, you’ll be able to make the perfect corn on the cob every time. Whether you prefer it grilled, boiled, or cooked in the oven, this recipe can be adapted to your needs. And with just a few simple ingredients, you’ll be able to make a dish that’s bursting with flavor.
So why not add this delicious corn on the cob recipe to your summer repertoire? It’s a dish that’s perfect for any occasion, whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue or simply enjoying a lazy day in the sun. And with its buttery, salty goodness, it’s sure to become a favorite among your family and friends. So get ready to butter up your summer with this delicious corn on the cob recipe!